AN AMBASSADOR OF TRADITION
With its name, the 1815 refers to the birth year of Ferdinand Adolph Lange, the manufactory’s founder. In 1845, he set off for Glashütte, a village in Saxony. His bold decision was not only the groundbreaking moment for German precision watchmaking but also helped start a new economic upswing in a distressed region. His pocket watches quickly gained global acclaim and became esteemed companions in affluent circles.
The design of the 1815 is characterised by traditional hallmarks: with blued hands, Arabic numerals and the railway-track minute scale, it is an ambassador of Lange’s watchmaking tradition. The movement is endowed with traditional features as well such as the three-quarter plate made of untreated German silver, the blued screws, the screwed gold chatons and the hand-engraved balance cock.